Position: Cargo Operator
Location: Port Harcourt
Reports to: Operations Manager
Sector: Upstream Oil & Gas/Marine
Petrolage is currently hiring for one of its clients to fill the position of Cargo Operator for a foremost EPC contractor.
- Possession of a valid Marine Deck OOW Certificate of Competency with Gas Tanker endorsement as minimum. HND Nautical Science will be of added advantage.
- Minimum of five years seagoing experience of which at least two years must have been spent as a Junior Officer on a Gas tanker.
- Special Skill:
- Conscientious and flexible. Good leadership qualities, sound technical knowledge of gas operation principles, Good IT skills.
- Job Expectations/Responsibilities
- To exhibit a high standard of safety behavior and shall ensure that all aspects of Cargo and Cargo Utility operations and maintenance are carried out safely and effectively.
- To be responsible for monitoring cargo loading and offloading on behalf of the Cargo Supervisor.
- He/she shall also be responsible for monitoring maintenance of cargo systems and utilities to ensure zero or minimal impact on operations.
- He/she shall be responsible for Start-up, Monitoring and Shutdown of Cargo Operations
- Responsible for operating DCS, Fire, Gas, optimizing the process, reducing and controlling plant upsets.
- He/she shall exhibit a high standard of safety behavior and ensure that all aspects of Cargo and Cargo Utility operations are carried out safely and effectively.
- Part of the onboard team responsible for responding to onboard emergencies as necessary and ensure that plant inhibits and overrides are controlled as per the company’s OE standards and procedures.
- He/she shall ensure that personnel under his supervision are fully competent and aware of their responsibilities.
- He/she shall be responsible for monitoring effectiveness and maintaining Pollution Control Measures.