Petrolage is currently representing a Multinational firm to search for a top notch Finance Manager to be based in Lagos, Nigeria. The ideal candidate will have a strong opportunity to transition into a full fledge CFO over a short period of time. See below for details.
General Qualifications & Skills Required
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Engineering or
any other related field.
• Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant.
• High degree of integrity, confidentiality, confidence and ability to contribute to new culture.
• Good knowledge of a Manufacturing industry dynamics will be added advantage.
• Ability to handle the pressure of working in a dynamic and result oriented environment.
Minimum of 15 years’ experience in accounts/finance/audit, five (5) of which must have been at senior management level.
• Prepare Financial Statements for Management decision.
• Day-to-day management of the Financial and Management Accounting processes.
• Implement approved accounting processes, systems and controls for products and services.
• Ensure all creditors’ balances are diligently & completely recorded and accounted for on a daily basis.
• Render accurate and timely returns to appropriate statutory regulatory authorities in compliance with all applicable requirements.
• Plan, organize and implement accounting operations and objectives; coordinate and integrate activities toward achievement of established goals and objectives.
• Manage the finance and /or accounting departments
• Prepare high level reports for the Company’s CEO and advise on ways of improvement vis-à-vis compliance, methodologies and best practice to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
• Manage audit functions (internal control and business risk) by monitoring instituted controls and laid down procedures.
• Determine, review, coordinate and implement audit plans.
• Conduct risk assessment reviews from time to time, to determine key audit areas.
• Conduct independent appraisal to review the company’s accounting, financial and other operations.
• Manage the audit department.