Planning and Economics Manager
Position: Planning and Economics Manager
Reports to: Head, Commercial
Sector: Upstream Oil & Gas
Petrolage is currently hiring for one of its clients to fill the position of Planning and Economics Manager. Kindly send your profile if your experience matches these requirements otherwise, please forward to someone who may be the right fit. Thank you for your consideration.
- Liaise with relevant departments to develop rounded field, asset and portfolio development plans.
- Manage and Reconcile macro, competitive and industry analysis views with field development objectives and advise on priority, timing and business development.
- Conduct analytic planning and scheduling reports for ongoing projects to identify potential problem areas and report findings to management.
- Develop and maintain robust and integrated economic models for all assets in portfolio.
- Co-ordinate formal assumptions reviews and sign-offs and compiling the assumption documents.
- Develop economic model sensitivities, alternative scenarios, value-driver and decision tree analysis.
- Keep abreast of developments on economic evaluation, taxation and fiscal terms, cost structures.
- Lead statutory reporting of hydrocarbon reserves.
Key software skills
- Proficiency in the use of either Palantir Plan or Schlumberger’s Merak Peep planning tool is non-negotiable.
- MS Project and Excel modelling is a prerequisite.
- Proficient use of MS Office application.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Science or any relevant discipline.
- Master’s in numerate/ science or a MBA will be an advantage.
- Fair level of project management experience.
- Subsurface, Geoscience or asset management experience is desirable.
- Independent E&P experience is a plus.